If you’re missing the time it takes to have a regular fitness regimen because of work, kids, or life generally speaking then super simple exercises you can do while at the work could be exactly what you need. These are just a few simple exercises and tips you can apply while at work that is easy and fast. You can still have a good workout without the need for a gym.
- Instead of using a desk chair, stay on a huge exercise ball. The balance necessary for sitting on the ball is a great primary stabilizer and awesome core workout. You’ll impact core muscle groups and strengthen your abdominal muscles without realizing you aren’t doing it. It requires very little to no attention, which can leave your head clear and ready for your work.
- Strapping on your Resistance Bands are great for toning lower limbs and arms. You also can hook the bands to the legs of your chair or desk and do lower-leg reps or arm as long as you are sitting at your desk. In case you are on the phone, switch hands just as you do the reps. If if you’re typing at your computer, work your legs with the bands.
- Walk. Just get moving and walk as much as possible around the office during breaks. If you have ankle weights, then strap those on as long as you’re walking for an added boost.
- Take the Stairs! Leave that elevator behind and just take the stairs. Even if you’re on the fourteenth floor, walk up two to three flights and then catch the lift for the rest of the way. Doing just this small move alone gets your heart pumping, and releases endorphins. It provides a great break to the day which both your body and brain will thank you.
- Parking your vehicle. You might not exactly feel that your parking spot has anything at all to do with your fitness level, but parking further away can actually provide a mini cardio session. Make sure to leave extra time so you aren’t late, and park in the furthermost parking spot you can find. Strap on those ankle weights and either walk, run or drive up to the building. Don’t worry about how you will look performing it because the body you’ll gain from it will look and make you feel even better.
- Stretching out is always important. Sitting down at a desk for 8-9 hours a day can cause muscle stiffness, damage of flexibility, back and neck pain, restless thighs, blood clots, and rigid joints. Of the actions you can take for the health of your body, stretching is the center of it all. You should be getting up every hour to stretch.
Several easy stretches you can do at your desk at work can be anything from reaching up to the ceiling with arms to touching your toes, to ballet plies. Make sure to give your back again a good twist from side to side to stretch both your backbone plus your abs. Writer’s abdomen occurs the ligaments in your abs often because of sitting for long periods of time creating a “pot belly”, so make sure you’re stretching those abs to keep them long and lean.
Getting the perfect time to work out and keeping fit can be challenging, but implementing simply a few simple things through your workday can really make any difference.